Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

My New Year was pretty interesting, but all in all I can say I am happy with the way it turned out. I followed my heart instead of over thinking my every move and by following my heart, I made myself happy. Looking back, it was a pretty good year! I am proud of all my accomplishments. A few accomplishments in particular stick out.
I graduated high school! Obviously I knew this was going to happy, but its still something to be proud of and to celebrate. Graduation was funny, and project graduation afterwards was really fun. As much as I had a good time, I am so glad to be out of Wood-Ridge High.
I ran a half freaking marathon! That was such an incredible experience! I am so proud of myself. I also ran two 5k's. Recently I have been slacking with running, but I am still so proud of myself for committing myself to training, and finishing strong. The feeling of accomplishment that I felt when I crossed that finish line was unlike anything else. I cannot wait to run more half's this year.
I finished my first semester of college! It was tough, and I can't say I loved it, but it was a good experience. I made lovely friends, and I proved to myself that I am capable of being independent. I cannot wait to commute next semester instead of dorming, but I have absolutely no regrets about this experience. 
I made it to over a year with this beautiful boy. Although we are no longer together, I learned so much about myself, and about loving another person. The journey was incredible, our adventures were incredible and just because we are no longer together does not mean my love for him as ended. Our relationship is in a weird sort of more than friends phase right now, but whatever happens, I was incredibly lucky to have this fella in my life for such a long time, and I will love him to everything no matter what.

Heres to a new year, filled with new life lessons and adventures. Last year I saw a side of myself that I am ashamed of, and this year I am hoping I can make positive changes in my life in order to be truly happy with myself, and as a person in general. Here we go 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment