Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day By Day

So as I have already posted, there are a lot of things that I'd like to accomplish and get done, and thinking about it all makes me so overwhelmed. Just thinking to myself "I want to lose 15 pounds, get into great shape, run 3 half marathons, volunteer, make new friends this semester, go to more parties"; that makes me want to live in a hole. Its so overwhelming and it makes me so sad because it makes me feel like there is no where to even begin. I think I need to look at the smaller picture rather than these huge pictures. I know where I want to be, now I need to set small mini goals to get myself there. I was thinking of doing this as a week-by-week thing, but I think even that would be unrealistic for me right now. Instead, every night before I go to bed I am going to make a little list of the steps I will take the next day, that will help me get to my ultimate final goals. Since I am writing about this now, I will publish my list here tonight.

Mini Goals for Tomorrow:
1. Run 2 miles
2. Eat a really big, healthy breakfast
3. Keep busy and do things that make me happy:
Read, practice piano, talk on phone with old friends
4. Possibly go to mall with Maria and look for new dresses
5. Keep room clean

Speaking of reading, right now I love the book I am reading. I am reading Into the Wild By Jon Krakauer. We started reading sections from it in my expos class this semester, so I bought it in November, and I am finally getting a chance to read it. 

 Its about a boy named Christopher McCandless and well, I don't feel like writing a book report, but the book is incredibly interesting because it includes his story of adventuring into the wild, but it also tell of other who had similar endeavors. Its incredibly inspiring. So many people speak so highly of him, and he touched so many hearts.
That's him in front of the bus that he stayed in while living in Alaska. When I am older, I'd love to hike out to that bus and see what it was like. Hopefully one day I can!

1 comment: