Saturday, June 9, 2012

Life as We Know It

I seem to find myself posting a lot less frequently than I would like. I don't know what it is. Its not even that I am busy or don't feel like blogging. Its more that I just don't have much to day. I have been doing things this summer; attending great shows and hanging out with great people and working. I just recently joined the gym which I am super excited about (I am actually going to head there after I write this post). And so yeah, I have been trying my hardest to keep busy. The next few goals I have are daily meditation, volunteering and reading more. And posting on this blog more of course.

As for happiness, because that is in fact the topic of this blog, I find myself rather content. I have been getting a little frustrated recently, which is a feeling that I haven't felt in quite a while. I am hoping that some meditation will change those feelings. Also, I have been feeling a bit lonely. For some reason these days I really wish I had a boy in my life. I don't know if its just because the last two boys I dated both have new ladies in their lives, or because I am bored and a little bit lonely. But wanting a boy really frustrates me; I want to be happy on my own. My mom said this to me the other day when I was upset about not having anyone to hangout with and its really true. She said:

"You can't always depend on other people for your happiness"

And to hear that little bit of wisdom come from my mom; the lady who is all jokes and reality tv and never ever serious, well its was quite incredible. It really is true though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment