Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Drained



Today, in one word, was draining. I am exhausted in all senses of the word. Emotionally, physically and mentally. Luckily I have tomorrow off to recharge. I have work in the morning, but after that I am just going to take the day off to catch up on some school work, and relax. Here is just a little list of why I am so tired today:
* So my day began at 7:30am. I woke up, got ready and headed to my 9:15 class. I had class for three hours, downed a quessadilla (that was pretty gross) and then headed to another 3 hour class. The second class put a damper on my mood because I did 5 out of the 6 readings for that class, but missing out on that one reading left me feeling so unprepared for the class.
* I got back to my dorm, and decided to do some laundry (which I have yet to put away). As I was trying to keep my self busy while my laundry did its thing, I began to feel like I couldn't breathe. It was both a litteral and metaphorical feeling of being suffocated if that makes sense. It was literally hard to breath, but I also just felt so consumed by my daily grind. So I decided to go for a walk and shoot a few frames on my film camera which usually gets neglected. This helped to recenter me a bit.
* Doing work and dinner with my friends was nice, but even during that, I felt pretty out of it.
* I was really excited to go rock climbing with Max, but my off-ness just continued on the rock wall. I was struggling a lot with the routes and I was going up so slowly. I know Max really well, and so as I was climbing, I just knew that he wanted to be climbing and I felt the unfairness in how long I was taking. After we talked about it (we had an intense conversation about our relationship as rock climbing partners) and so that helped.
* Not to mention that I am dumb. And so while all of this was going on, I was anticipating the arrival of a stupid text message. Technology really sucks sometimes.

But for reals - look at how pretty dem shoes are.

5 comments:

  1. my love. its all getting intense. its good you went for a walk, you need to take a breather every now and then. take it a little easy ok? call me if anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the shoes!
    http://nocturnallexanna.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is good to get out and do something to recharge or just relax sometimes. I need that a lot this semester; things are just are very busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jess-

    you won the mosaic giveaway. email me. :)

    lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete