Saturday, January 12, 2013

Ugly internet faces

It feels like I am spending more time on the internet than ever! I guess with too much free time and too little friends/hobbies, thats what happens. Especially now that I have really gotten into youtube - I could seriously spend hours just sitting on youtube getting lost in videos. Every once in a while, when I am having fun on the interweb, I open up my webcam to check myself out. Usually I am making to most hideous face, eyes glossed over, mouth hanging open, face contorted by hand ... you catch my drift. Here are some examples of my ugly internet-browsing faces:
Is sad that my internet faces aren't prettier. And its weird, because when I am watching youtube videos or reading about running (two of my usual internet activities), I am totally engrossed and enjoying myself. But you would never be able to tell by looking at those faces!
I guess this sort of leads back to one of my new years resolutions which was to spend less time on the internet. Agh, its just such a difficult thing to do! However, I am going to try! I am going to try right now actually. Once I publish this post, I am closing my laptop and I am going to eat cookies that my mom baked and I am going to read something fancy.

This is just one of those random thoughts that floats around my brain that I never talk to anyone about, so I figured I would post about it. Perhaps you can send me one of your ugly internet faces! That would be fun.

4 comments:

  1. One of my new year resolutions is to spend LESS time on the computer. *High five,sister!* I know what you mean.

    p.s I think that you have a very pretty face. Not ugly at all :)
    I think everyone makes weird faces when they are concentrating or if they're interested in something. It's just the way it is. I know my face probably looks quite odd right now as I type this comment.

    ---->> Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this, my internet faces usually involve a double chin so i feel ya.

    also about the less time on the internet thing, i've been getting on facebook less lately because i got a chrome add-on called stay focused and after a certain amount of time it blocks my from facebook. so i'm only allowed on for a half hour each day. Its been so helpful, i've mastered the art of check in check out on my facebook page haha. and i don't even miss it that much anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't be on the interest as much starting Tuesday (classes start again and I start a new job at the library, while still being a writing tutor a few hours a week), so basically, I won't have as much time. as long as I can keep up with my reading, then I'm good. lol

    And your faces aren't too bad! I skyped last year with a friend who was in Spain and I kept looking at my face instead of his because it was so awkward. LOL

    ReplyDelete