Saturday, September 1, 2012

DIY galaxy backpack




One day I was browsing online at Urban Outfitters website, and I saw the backpack on the left. I thought to myself, oh my goodness, that backpack is so cute! I want it! Except as with most feelings I get, I did not act on it. I did not purchase the backpack because I figured it would be there forever. Last night I went online, finally ready to buy the bag, and it was GONE! I looked online everywhere for it. But I could not find it. I was so disappointed! Thats when I came across this wonderful DIY. I didn't follow her dirrections exactly, but seeing this gave me the confidence to create my own bag. And I am pretty freaking happy with the result. Anyways, on to the DIY!


So first, gather your materials. I used the acrylic paints that I had (red, yellow, blue, orange, white and silver), a brush and a backpack of course!

 Next, just start spreading the color all over the bag. I tried to keep my brush dry (as in I didn't put too much paint on it) so that the colors were a bit muted. I also mixed white into the colors as I worked, so that the colors looked a bit washed out. I did all of this with my paintbrush (in the tutorial, the girl uses a sponge, but I didn't have one)
 I then flipped the back over and painted the straps, the same way.
 After I was happy with the way all of that looked, I took a bigger brush with stiffer bristles, and put silver paint on the tip. I pulled the bristles back and let them go, to flick the paint onto the bag (to look like stars)
 Annnnd, here is the finished product!
I think its looks pretty cool. I am scared one of my friends is going to be like "Whats your bag supposed to be?!", but oh wells. I know, and I am happy with it, so I guess thats what counts.

Anyone else got any cool back-to-school DIYs?

5 comments: