Saturday, July 27, 2013

Things to look forward to

Sometimes I just need little lists like this to keep me going. As a nursing student, I have to make a lot of sacrifices in order to stay on track with classes. This summer, that meant taking two summer classes so that I can start my clinicals in the fall. Its so easy to get discouraged when my friends invite me over to play uno, and I have to say no because I am busy studying alterations of the cardiovascular system. Luckily, the cardiovascular system is my favorite. But still, it sucks alot sometimes. So, here are some exciting things that are keeping my spirits up.

1) This weekend - going to get lunch with my lovely friend Michelle tomorrow, and going to see the beautiful Ben Howard on Monday
2) Pathophysiology is over in a little more than three weeks. Then I will have about two weeks of pure summer bliss. I have to start planning now, because I really want to make the absolute most of those two weeks
3) Living in New Brunswick in the fall, riding my bike around campus, the rock gym being open again, starting clinicals, and working at the computer lab. And hopefully meeting a cute boy doing one of the above?
4) Learning more about cooking. I find cooking so relaxing and satisfying. Its a little time consuming and I hate washing dishes. But I like putting time and effort into making something that is delicious, something that I get to enjoy and something that is good for me. My family eats out a lot, and its really hard to have healthy, balanced meals when you are eating out.
5) Night time runs in the fall. I wish I could be a morning runner, I really do. It would be so nice to run in the morning and spend the rest of the day knowing that I started my day off right. But I just can't do it. I like leisurely, easy going mornings that involve long breakfasts, lots of time in PJs, and a heartbeat of ~60BPM. Even though I'd love to get my runs done early, running at night is amazing. The streets are empty, the air is nice and crisp, it is a relaxing way to wind down a long day. It just feels right.
This is from todays run. Its weird, shitty, cellphone quality, but its all good. I always feel so lovely, and so pretty when I complete a run.

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine is hooked on running! I wish I could be more active, but I've never round something that I really liked. You're lucky you can at least ENJOY running, even if it's at night. :)

    ReplyDelete